NEWS

Alleged hijack of seven buses passengers in Kogi fake news – Police

- Advertisement -

The Kogi State Police Command has debunked a trending video on social media that seven buses carrying passengers were hijacked and taken into the forest along the Abuja Lokoja road by Fulani gunmen.

The Kogi Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Ovye Aya in a statement sent to ecocitytv on Friday evening described the trending video as false, malicious and highly mischievous.

- Advertisement -

Aya noted that the incident as alleged did not happen in Kogi State and such was not reported anywhere in the state.

The Police Spokesman said “the attention of the Kogi State Police Command has been drawn to the video trending that “along with Abuja – Lokoja road, over 500 buses and passengers parked on the road because of blocked of two trailers of Fulani gunmen barricading and had already kidnapped seven buses into the forest”.

“The Command wishes to state unequivocally that, the statement is not only the figment of the imagination of the author but totally false.

- Advertisement -

“The author ought to have mentioned the specific location where the purported incident happened, rather than being vague. More so, no indication of when the said incident occurred. Situation reports have been received from Area Commanders, DPOs, Tactical Commanders, other security agencies, no such incident recorded in the State”.

READ ALSO:  Bauchi Gov visits Warji calls for religious tolerance

He admonished members of the public and citizens of Kogi State to discountenance such mischievous information trending on social media and go about their lawful businesses and activities.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!