NEWS

Court tells Federal Government to take Sambo Dasuki Son’s Abuja property

- Advertisement -

On Wednesday, a Federal High Court in Abuja ordered that N90 million worth of property linked to Abubakar Dasuki, son of former National Security Adviser (NSA) to the Federal Government, Sambo Dasuki, be taken away temporarily.

In a ruling, Justice Emeka Nwite gave the order. This was done after Olanrewaju Adeola, a lawyer for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), made an ex-parte motion to the same effect.

- Advertisement -

Then, Justice Nwite told the EFCC to publish a 14-day notice in a national newspaper and on its website, giving the interested person(s) a chance to explain why the property shouldn’t be permanently given to the Federal Government. The case will be heard again on July 14.

The property is a seven-bedroom detached duplex with a basement and two servant rooms, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN). It is located at House No. D1064 in the Brains and Hammers Estate in Apo, Abuja.

Earlier, when making the motion, Adeola said that the ex-parte marked FHC/ABJ/CS/589/2022 and dated April 26 was filed on April 29.

- Advertisement -

He said that the ex-parte originating summon motion was filed under Section 17 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006, and the court’s own powers.

READ ALSO:  Herders farmers crisis: Enforce anti-grazing law – Yoruba elders to Buhari Oyo govt

The EFCC gave four reasons why the reliefs should be given, and the commission said:

“The property listed in the schedule, which is the subject of the reliefs, is being looked into, and it seems likely that it came from doing something illegal.

- Advertisement -

“The person who was being investigated and who had the property when it was found had agreed to give it to the Federal Government of Nigeria.”

In the affidavit signed by Chidi Nweke, a superintendent of the EFCC, the anti-corruption agency said that in November 2015, it got a report from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) that said the former NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki, had given huge amounts of money to people and companies.

The agency that fights corruption said that the money was taken from the accounts of the ONSA between 2012 and 2015, but there was no record of a contract being given to the beneficiaries.
It said that its Special Investigation Unit had been told to look into the intelligence report to find out if it was true or not.

- Advertisement -
READ ALSO:  Imo: Sacked Nkwerre lawmaker heads to court

It said that an investigation showed that N90 million was sent from the ONSA’s bank account to the Brains and Hammers Ltd Fidelity Bank account number 4010167275. This was one of many payments made to individual accounts and business accounts.

The commission said that letters about the investigation were sent to the suspect, Fidelity Bank, the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), and Brains and Hammers Ltd (a real estate developer), and responses were received.

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!