Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has allayed fears of residents over the rumours of a possible attack on the state, insisting that there is no reason to panic.
Sanwo-Olu gave the reassurance while addressing journalists on Friday at Lagos House Marina after the State Security Meeting on the level of alert from the commanders of all security formations in Lagos.
The governor said all security formations had been put on high alert to ensure public safety.
ecocitytv reports that this is coming against the background of the reported security threats to the city of Lagos.
Sanwo-Olu said members of the State Security Council had reviewed the situation across flashpoints in Lagos, directing improved vigilance to neutralise intending threats.
The governor said,” In the last three and a half hours, we discussed the current security situation in the state, and we’ve reviewed where we’re. We have our heads together and come up with a strategy that is assuring to our citizens.
“Our men are alive to their responsibilities, and they’re ready to ensure the safety of lives and properties of our citizens isn’t compromised in any way.
“All of the security agencies have been activated not to cause panic; they have been reassured of not only the support of the state government but they also have been encouraged to be vigilant in their statutory responsibilities.”
He added, “I urge our citizens to continue to go about their lawful duties and be law-abiding.
“Security is everybody’s business. We implore our residents to join us in this effort and say something whenever they notice suspicious activities around them.”